September 25, 2012
Annual report about activities of Ukrainian section AEJ - 2011-2012
- In December 2011 two members of Ukrainian section AEJ (Yanina Lemeshenko & Lyudmyla Dyachenko) went to a press-tour to Republicof Lithuania.
- In the beginning of 2012 year a member-meeting for planning work of Ukrainian section AEJ was organized.
- In February AEJ-Ukraine organized the «round table»: «Freedom of speech in Ukraine».
- In April some members of Ukrainian section AEJ took part in the «round table»: «Future of «paper» media in Ukraine».
- In May the President of Ukrainian section AEJ, Artur Rudzitsky, had a meeting with the Director of Lithuanian television Dainius Radzevicius. They discussed the role of media in society.
- In June two members of Ukrainian section AEJ (Maiia Zakhovaiko and Yanina Lemeshenko) went to Poland for participation in the international festival «Noc kultury 2012» («The night of culture»).
- In July our members Iryna Golotyuk and Maiia Zakhovaiko took part in a press-conference on «The elections: sociology & journalism».
- In the beginning of September member of Ukrainian section AEJ, Diana Dutsyk, took part in 64th World Newspaper Congress which was held in Kyiv. (http://osvita.mediasapiens.ua/material/10028; http://osvita.mediasapiens.ua/material/9869; http://osvita.mediasapiens.ua/material/9910; http://osvita.mediasapiens.ua/material/9967).
- In September the President of Ukrainian section AEJ, Artur Rudzitsky, went to the 22nd Economic Forum in Krynica (Poland).
- In September several members of AEJ (Olga Smalyuhivska, Maiia Zakhovaiko, Lyudmyla Dyachenko, Iryna Golotyuk) took part in the «round table»: «Stop the defamation Bill!».
- ThePresident of Ukrainian section AEJ Artur Rudzitsky met with William Horsley, the international director of the Centre for Freedom of the Media (CFOM) at the University of Sheffield. During the meeting they discussed the situation of freedom of speech in Ukrainian media.